WorkPuppy Inc. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information about our users:
– Name and job title and other relevant information
– Business information / resumes / job orders
– Contact information including email address
– Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
– Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do With the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following purposes:
- To provide our customer support service, and to verify any claims or requests you make if you use our customer support service.
- To enforce our Terms of Service, and prevent or detect hacking activities, security breaches or safety risks in connection with our Website and/or other services.
- To send service announcements and messages.
- To aggregate information to generate anonymous statistics regarding use of our Website. We may share this anonymous information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- For our own internal marketing purposes and to help us improve our Website.
- To fulfill product job orders and candidate placements
- To process payment transactions.
- To customize the advertising and content that you see on our websites.
- To contact you for feedback and surveys.
- For helping you manage your account and your preferences.
- To identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our applications.
- To enforce our Terms of Service [Note: Include link to ToS]
- In the event of an actual or proposed (including as part of negotiations for any) merger, or business combination or sale of substantially all of our assets or a business operation to which such information relates, or as provided under bankruptcy or applicable insolvency laws.
- To disclose information to the extent required by law, court order, as requested by other government, regulatory or law enforcement authority, to protect or assist in protecting our users, systems or the public, or to otherwise enforce legal rights as determined in our sole discretion.
- To send you email newsletters about our games, including new game features and special offers (provided you have agreed to receive this).
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may also use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. Web applications can tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us and data we gather from your use of our website and services.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We may supply your personal information to external third parties who provide a service to us for the purpose of that service. This includes transmission of information about your payment accounts to third party payment processors to complete payments, and to partner sites for purposes of completing job placements..
If you have agreed on our websites, we may provide your email address to our business partners so that they can send you emails with details of goods or services which may be of interest to you including information about special offers or promotions.
We may share information with third parties to the extent necessary for us to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud, and protect the safety of our users.
Safeguarding your personally identifiable information
We will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent we believe it reasonably necessary to serve our legitimate business purposes, and will protect it using the same level of safeguards we use to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of our own equivalent proprietary information. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we transfer any personally identifiable information in accordance with this policy will agree to provide sufficient protection. We may store or transfer personal information collected from European users outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated in this policy.
Note that while we strive to protect all the personally identifiable information which we collect, we cannot guarantee that such breaches will not happen in relation to this Website. Should we discover a material data breach that may compromise your personally identifiable information, we will inform you as soon as practicable.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
270 Bellevue Avenue #1002
Newport, RI 02840
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your California privacy rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received that information
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.