Conviva is the measurement and analytics platform for the next generation of TV. With a view into over 14 billion streaming hours per month, more than 3 billion devices a year, and global data from over 180 countries, Conviva has the largest, multi-publisher, global OTT streaming video continuous measurement census available. We see almost 60% of the Internet population and measure 7 out of the top 10 SVOD providers in the US, as well as many other global OTT providers. Our customers use our continuous measurement sensor and Video AI Platform cloud service to gain a real-time, unified view of their video delivery ecosystem and consumer viewing experience across all their devices and video applications.
Conviva is processing billions of video events globally every day, performing multistage data transformations and providing real-time analytics to our customers. In order to handle the challenges of processing these large data sets in real-time, we kept on moving quickly alongside with the rest of the industry by both utilizing cutting edge technologies – like Apache Spark, as well as providing innovative in-house platform solutions.
At the core of our engineering culture, we truly believe in the value of technological advancement and what it can do to help with our business.
Who you are:
You are a Big Data Engineer with experience building massively scalable infrastructure using commercial and open-source tools. You have vast experience in building end-to-end complex production platforms. You have extensive experience with open source tools. You have to discipline to focus on system scalability, and ease of deployment in everything you build.
What you get to do
- Build big data processing systems for both streaming and off-line processing
- Solve engineering challenges in managing real-time processing of big data with emphasis on reliability, scalability, flexibility
What you bring to the role
- Strong desire to work in a startup company and make it a success
- Self-motivated and result oriented engineer who can deliver high quality software
- Strong knowledge of OOD/OOP principles, exceptional knowledge of CS fundamentals, distributed systems, data structures, algorithms
- 7+ years of experience designing and developing high scale distributed systems
- Expert knowledge of Java and/or Scala
- Experience working with 1-2 large data processing frameworks, such as Apache Spark, Hadoop
- Strong communication skills and easy going attitude
- BS (with 3+ years of industry experience), MS/Ph.D. in CS or equivalent
Plus: Active Open Source contributors
Plus: Experience designing Spark-based applications
Plus: Experience in big data analytics or data engineering
Conviva powers every internet-connected screen with the most engaging viewing experiences imaginable by elevating the way OTT businesses use data-driven intelligence. For years, HBO, Sky, ESPN and the like have been using the Conviva Platform to enlighten, reveal and inform with important insights around consumer in-screen viewing experience allowing them to connect those metrics to important business outcomes. This allows customers to not only maximize subscriber retention and growth but also understand content and viewing trends so that they can deliver more personalized viewing experiences. We make engagement a data-driven outcome based on actionable quality of experience (QoE) analytics. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.