Gatan, Inc. is the world’s leading manufacturer of instrumentation and software used to enhance and extend the operation and performance of electron microscopes. The Gatan name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry’s leading technology.
Gatan is looking for a Senior Applications Software Engineer to work on Gatan’s core software application, Gatan Microscopy Suite. As a key member of this group, you will help define, design and implement major components of this application suite. This position requires expert knowledge of application development on Windows OS, using C++ and MFC. A scientific background at the MSc or PhD level will greatly ease understanding of our applications and needs. Experience with other tools, such as C#, Python and WPF are beneficial. This position is located in Pleasanton, CA.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new application software as required, perhaps as the technical lead
- Work with internal and external customers to develop requirements
- Design and implement new products based on the requirementS
- Test and validate the product against the requirements, on equipment where necessary
- Support existing and new application software
- Become familiar with existing software, including style, patterns and techniques
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years’ experience developing software in C++ and object oriented development environment.
- Experience developing commercial software products in the Scientific or Medical Instrumentation market.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft tools and platforms including Visual Studio and MFC. Additional experience with C#, Python and WPF for User Interface development beneficial.
- Scientific background at MSc or PhD level.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Physics or similar field, or equivalent experience.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.