With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Supported by $298 million from investors including Daimler, Siemens, Linse Capital, Rho Capital Partners, BMW i Ventures and Braemar Energy Ventures, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Director of Quality
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to be responsible for the quality of our EV charge cables – the most critical single component in our products – as well as other DC power cables in our chargers. This engineer will cover all aspects of charge and power cable quality from product definition, vendor selection, and product and process validation, to root cause analysis of field failures and corrective actions. He or she must be experienced in cable mfg. processes and in formal quality methodologies. To be successful at ChargePoint this person must be highly motivated, self-directed, and comfortable working in a loosely structured and fast-paced environment.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of quality in our EV charge cables, input power cables, and busbars
- Participate in all advance quality activities such as: specification and design reviews, DFM, vendor selection, establishing quality goals and criteria, FMEA/PFMEA, and defining validation and reliability test requirements
- Perform quality and process audits of new and current cable suppliers
- Perform Mfg. Engineering duties as required, such as resolving mfg. process issues at supplier factories and creating ECOs
- Responsible for data collection, analysis, and reporting of all field quality data relating to charge and power cables
- Work with cable manufacturers on collection and analysis of their quality and yield data
- Work with cable suppliers to define and implement in-process and out-going quality control processes
- Define and implement IQC processes for cables received at ChargePoint and at our manufacturing and logistics partners
- Manage the root cause analysis process for field failures of charge and power cables
- Define and implement corrective actions and rework activities as required to address charge cable issues
- Drive continual improvement efforts in the design and manufacturing of our charge cables
- S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a mfg. engineering or quality engineering role
- Experienced in power cable and connector mfg. processes: raw cable extrusion, cable harness assembly, injection molding, and cable test processes
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma programs and Statistical Quality Control processes
- Experience managing domestic and overseas supplier quality
- Solid understanding of and experience applying problem-solving tools including root cause analysis, statistical tools and processes, and design of experiments
- Ability to clearly summarize quality data and trends, and to create reports and presentations for all levels of internal audiences
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) (preferred)
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact. #LICLR1
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.