18 October, 2018
At Tesla, we move at warp speed and Warehousing and Logistics is at the forefront of the evolution of Tesla’s supply chain as we embark on transformational change in the coming months. We have an ambitious vision and a complex portfolio of programs that enable Tesla’s future. The Sr. Industrial Engineer leads design of material handling equipment and media to unlock efficient material flows, drives business process, development of tools and strategies to enable cost efficiencies, high throughput capabilities, and operating models throughout our organization. You’ll leverage a deep understanding of capital projects management, facility design, storage and order fulfilment systems design for warehouses and distribution centers, material flow automation, intersection of WCS/WES and WMS. The scope includes parts arriving at Tesla’s network of warehouses and distribution facilities through delivery to downstream manufacturing facilities. We are looking for a leader who can lead teams through aggressive implementations, is a critical thinker, process-oriented, results driven, and data-centric.
- Manage and lead efforts to develop material flow design standards and principles for Tesla’s warehouse and distribution facilities.
- Own the portfolio of projects and lead cross-functional teams on initiatives related to warehouse automation, facility and material flow design and launch.
- Evaluate alternate and emerging warehouse and distribution technologies, including semi and full automation to reduce total cost-to-serve, included data-driven proposals, justification, acquisition and implementation.
- Define future business requirements, define hardware (MHE) and software (WCS, WMS) requirements, and conduct financial analyses (ROI).
- Identify improvement opportunities across the network, oversee concept development, prototype testing, engineering design, and collaboration with 3rd parties on system build, integration testing, project management, implementation, and handoff to operations at Tesla locations.
- Evaluate existing team’s skill set, instill a culture of continuous learning and enhance team’s capabilities.
- Collaborate with stakeholder teams like Warehouse Operations, Facilities Engineering, IT Application Developers, Automation Tech Developers, Production Control, Material Planning, MHE Vendors, and 3PLs throughout the life of the project.
- Display high levels of expertise in applying principles of project management, preferably in alignment with frameworks from PMI, and lead the organization from conceptual stage to launch and stabilization.
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience in supply chain operations, logistics, distribution, or manufacturing.
- Certified PMP.
- 4+ years of executing multi-million dollar capital projects including experience in green-field-to-go-live.
- Advanced knowledge of warehouse and distribution processes, material flow methodologies including sequencing, kitting, repack, etc.
- Experience using discrete-event simulation and process modeling software and other advanced analysis tools.
- Proficient in best practices and effective solutions from within the industry or derived from other industries.
- Ability to both envision a world different from the status quo and to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Comfortable in an environment with unstructured, incomplete and ambiguous data.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.