Website Left Lane Staffing
QR Code Link to This Post
Because so many just blindly apply to jobs please note –
This is not a “work remote” position – you will work from our office most days.
PLEASE note you need several years of engineer level experience with MS servers.
Why join us? Because we understand and appreciate your type!-You are technically intuitive. – It just makes sense to you. Computers and customer service comes easy to you. You like to make people smile, you keep everything running, you fix so many problems, but nobody else really notices just how much you contribute. Well, we do.
Our best performers are passionate about helping and setting our clients (and each other) up for success. They enjoy and understand how technology helps businesses in several ways. They are quick witted, can creatively engineer solutions, continually improving themselves and have a great sense of humor.
You will spend your time helping clients resolve problems and better use technology so they can do their job without disruptions. You will get direct feedback in monthly one on one sessions with your manager to help you progress. You will be part of an engineering team that has moved beyond the break fix world and into a proactive, modern day business model.
What are we about?
Well, our employees are just important to us as clients and it is not all about information technology. We balance our energy with company activities such as company outings, tubing, BBQs, laser tag, Chili cook-offs, etc.. We run an annual food drive and this year we donated to an impoverished village with fresh drinking water through www.charitywater.org They do not need to spend hours walking to get water now. Now that is not new technology, but it is pretty cool when it helps someone’s life be better.
****NOTE – to be considered for this position you need to use this link to apply!!! *** https://careers.hireology.com/newenglandnetworksolutions/94355/description
Your application will not be considered unless you use this link.
Ability to troubleshoot at appropriate technical level:
• Workstation – Experience required with Windows 7/Windows 8.x/Windows 10
o Troubleshooting and configuration
o Configuration of standard email clients including Outlook
o Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of workstation applications per customer’s preferences
o Understanding of and ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware including video cards, modems, NICs, sound cards, hard drives, and Mobile Devices
o Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of MS Office Suite applications
o Knowledge and ability with remote support methods
o Knowledge of common protocols and client connection methods
• Server – several years of building, migrating and troubleshooting Windows server OS is REQUIRED –
o Support and administer file, print, remote access, and network services
o Intermediate/advanced administration, including Active Directory, Group Policy management, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup
o Email and SQL experience
o Virtualization Experience (VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V) with the ability to configure and manage virtual hosts, storage and networking.
• Set client expectations appropriately throughout the troubleshooting process
• Troubleshoot and resolve non time sensitive workstation level incidents while following NENS’ Service Delivery System
• Demonstrate the correct level of urgency while resolving client incidents
• Understand and appropriately apply available vendor support process
• Produce efficient resolution to technical incidents
Other Preferred Technical Knowledge
• Understanding of TCP/IP and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
• Experience with routers and firewalls
• Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
• Understanding of DNS services
• Mac experience a plus
• Associate’s Degree or Technical Degree
• Self-driven improvement and welcomes new challenges
• Personally invested in own technical growth
• Motivated to utilize personal time for career development
• Participate in the weekly on call pager rotation
• 4+ years desktop and server support experience
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and ensure complete resolution
• Ability to articulate technical information and convey to non-technical people
• Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
• Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations
• Ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to escalate
• Sharing information and working collaboratively to achieve team goals
• Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as well as alone
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• CompTIA Net +
• MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
• VMWare Certificate