About Frequence, Inc.
Frequence is a leader in local advertising sales automation and workflow software. The platform increases sales velocity by removing routine tasks and creates personalized, multi-channel proposals and advertising insights.
About this role:
The QA Engineer will be working with your development teammates to create workflow products that are stable, scalable, and high performing. As the QA Engineer you work to understand the product requirements of the platform, collaborating with product managers and developer leads.
You should have a passion for finding defects through the development of thoughtful test strategy and procedures and that ensure maximum test coverage for all functionality.
Your intuition for where to look for defects manually is an important asset to the team. You should enjoy designing the test strategy, including some web based applications as well as backend test strategies.
What you will be doing:
- Participates in all stages of the software development life cycle to ensure functional completeness and accuracy.
- Develop efficient and thorough test plans in collaboration with product managers and engineering leads and globally distributed teams.
- Conducts sprint testing using exploratory, functional test case, and regression (manual and automated) methods
- Develop an in-depth level of knowledge of the platform and supported features
- Document software issues and enhancement requests and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the defects found while performing manual functional, integration, and regression tests
- Work closely with offshore team members QA’s during evenings or morning hours
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 2-4 years of experience of testing web applications in a large application development environment
- Expertise in writing database queries using SQL or SQL tools like Toad, etc.
- Experience testing Web Interfaces and Data-Load Interfaces and Reports
- Communication and technical writing skills necessary to produce formal test specifications and test plans
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, priority allocation, and task management skills
- Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
- Ability to adhere to the development process and deadlines.
Education and Employment Status Requirements:
- BS in engineering, computer science, information systems, or other technical degree
- 2-4 years of experience of QA experience with a manual focus
- Must be eligible to work for any US employer. Visa sponsorship is NOT available.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Stock options at a mid-stage startup
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Catered lunch dail and office stocked with snacks across the spectrum
- Proximity to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View area
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.