8 November, 2018
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with intelligent, omni-platform software.
Verkada, a fast-growing startup in the video-based surveillance space dedicated to solving the security issues faced by companies in the digital age, seeks a Product Design Mechanical Engineer to join our hardware team. Our focus is on building secure, modern, easy to use cameras that make our customers’ lives simpler and safer while reducing risk from hackers and other digital threats. As a member of our hardware team, you will lead the mechanical design of new products and help bring them to mass production. You will work with our global partners to develop beautiful and functional products while ensuring efficient manufacturability.
- Own new products from industrial design concepts to mass production
- Passionate about designing aesthetically pleasing but easy to use hardware; always have an eye on how our customers will use our products
- Work collaboratively with our JDM partners to rapidly design, prototype, and test new designs; iterate and validate quickly
- Strong understanding of different material types and manufacturing processes that Verkada could leverage for new designs
- Experience working with part vendors on DFM, tooling bring up, and validation
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, Master’s preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing and manufacturing enterprise or consumer electronic products
- A good artistic eye and interest in industrial design
- Experience working with an Asian supply chain
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%
- Startup Mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.