University of Detroit Mercy
The purpose of the position is to maintain a clean and organized lab environment; maintain the inventory of lab equipment and supplies, prepare lab materials for classes;
provide in and out of class technical assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Keep the ECE lab work areas and equipment clean and organized
(2) Maintain inventory of lab equipment, components and office supplies
(3) Store, organize, sign out and receive returns for lab components/materials
(4) Prepare, set up and collect back lab materials for lab experiments according to provided instructions
(5) Assemble various types of robot kits and do simple repairs when needed
(6) Provide safety oversight for lab equipment usage
(7) Provide basic technical troubleshooting support to ECE faculty, staff and students
Perform other duties as assigned
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school and six months to two years required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organization skill and patience required
• Must be able to work on most assigned tasks independently
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with circuits preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
Job requires repetitively lifting light weight objects where frequent bending or stooping alternates with lighter activities.
On occasion, the incumbent may be required to lift or carry lab equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
Occasional exposure to objectionable conditions or variations such as those found in variable weather conditions or light industrial settings.