Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale-US-CA-Sunnyvale
Requisition ID: 181063
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex mechanical systems for use in Minimally Invasive surgery. Engineering Technicians support these activities by building electro-mechanical manufacturing equipment and fixtures. This will include some aspects of equipment design, as well as assembly per existing designs, and validation testing. This role also involves troubleshooting production equipment and maintaining the Equipment Engineering Lab.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for:
- Performing equipment troubleshooting and maintenance, including diagnosing failures, reinstalling software, repairing broken equipment, fixtures, cables, probes etc.
• Building fixtures per engineering design.
• Managing all preventative maintenance for Test Engineering. This includes repairing and broken fixtures, cables, probes etc.
• Organizing and stocking lab areas
• Building fixtures per engineering designs, including mechanical fabrication, wiring, plumbing, soldering, and software installation
• Validation testing of fixtures per established protocols.
• Stocking the Equipment Engineering lab with necessary supplies, materials, tools and other items needed to build fixtures, support the floor, perform experiments etc.
• Writing protocols and reports for engineering, qualification and validation studies.
• Writing, maintaining and updating troubleshooting guides for production equipment
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
- Associate of Science degree or higher, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read and debug according to electrical schematics
- Experience building electro-mechanical equipment, including mechanical assembly, pneumatic plumbing, wiring of sensors, motors, and valves to PC’s and PLC’s.
- Ability to do mechanical fabrication using machine and hand tools.
- Ability to solder to IPC standard.
- Computer skills in CAD (Solidworks) and Windows preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with Equipment Engineers.
- Knowledge of common electrical and mechanical component suppliers.
- Ability to read and diagnose using electrical schematics for troubleshooting equipment
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.