The Blue Bench
The Blue Bench is the only comprehensive sexual assault prevention and care center that serves Denver-Metro. We are the only organization of our kind with a year-round community outreach department. We have been effective in our communities for 34 years providing a 24/7 crisis hotline, an inclusive counselling program for all survivors and their families, and doing prevention work in local schools. Our hope is to one day live in a world where sexual assault no longer exists, and until that day comes our work is not complete.
We are currently hiring campaign staff to organize local grassroots campaigns around our survivor programs, reporting options, and the importance of believing all survivors of assault. Ideal candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine interest in our mission and empowerment of our Colorado residents.
Now, more than ever, we need folks to fight the good fight. Come advocate in our communities, knocking on one door at a time!
Responsibilities and Duties
As part of our staff, you would organize neighborhoods and community members on the issue of sexual assault. Responsibilities include:
- Do outreach in local neighborhoods: knocking on doors for community awareness
- We educate the public on the impact of sexual assault
- Connect survivors and their families with our hotline and counselling information
- Engage community support through volunteer recruitment and fundraising
Full time: Mon-Fri, 2:00pm-10:00pm
Part time: Any three or four weekdays, 2:00pm-10:00pm
Must be able to work full 2-10pm shift and must be available to work in Denver-Metro!
Full time: $450/week + bonuses
Part time: $270/week + bonuses
Qualifications and Skills
We are currently looking for dependable, motivated individuals to be part of our grassroots campaigns. Good communication and reading skills are a must. You must also possess a genuine interest in social justice issues. If you are qualified for the position and are interested in learning more, please call our office at 303.329.9922×314 to speak with our outreach director.
This position is perfect for students, with opportunities for long-term growth. We provide extensive training and receive regular updates from field experts.
Benefits and Development
- Learn to create social change through community organizing
- Enhanced communication and organizational skills
- Health, dental and vision coverage is available for full time employees after 2 months
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Opportunities for future management training and career advancement in the field
- Opportunities for travel and participation in national conferences
Make your occupation reflect your values; go home from work knowing what you do is making the world a better place. For more information about us, please visit our website, www.thebluebench.org.
To schedule a first interview please call 303.329.9922×314 to speak with our Canvass Director, Sarah.
Job Type: Part-time
- Denver, CO 80203