Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Coordinator, Int’l Marketing & Publicity
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com .
The Screen Gems/Tristar International department is a close-knit team that handles an eclectic variety of film across TriStar, Screen Gems, Sony Classics, Acquisitions and Affirm, supporting PR campaigns and marketing initiatives in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The Coordinator will provide full range of administrative support for the VP of Marketing and VP of Publicity including handling phones, calendar, filing, drafting, meeting coordination, billing, travel arrangements and expense reports. Further, they will be assisting with talent travel and interview schedules – both booking travel and managing itineraries; supporting junket, festival, premiere and press day activations; coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track invoices and ensure timely payment; assisting with meeting schedules and facilitation, including help putting together presentations; tracking top press coverage on key titles; updating various lists, documents and charts on the departments shared drive; and other duties as assigned.
- Supporting senior management
- Handling calendar scheduling and managing phones for both VP of Publicity and VP of Marketing
- Arranging and booking travel for Sony executives and talent
- Handling Talent at press junkets and other publicity events
- Contribute and assist with marketing strategy & development for upcoming projects
- Serve as the liaison between home office and territories
- Working directly with press and talent representatives to organize interviews
- Creating & maintaining filmmaker contact bibles
- May assist in setting up and/or handling phone interviews
- Maintaining publicity calendar
- Managing and updating meeting agendas
- Collating and circulating press breaks
- Circulating relevant entertainment news breaks
- 2 to 3 years of entertainment experience either in a studio or agency setting
- They will be a clear and concise communicator in a variety of media; The role is global so some international experience is a bonus
The successful candidate is:
- A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team
- Demonstrates follow through and is able to execute all assigned tasks and responsibilities
- Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
- Confident and able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion
- Organized, meticulous and detail oriented
- Resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues
- Flexible and is able to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities
- Effective in dealing with PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
- Has a great sense of humor and isn’t easily flustered
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures – CA – Culver City Area & Studios