To represent the commercial marketing interests of the business of GLOCK, Inc. in assigned territory. To promote company products and further sales of company products in assigned territory (TN, SC, NC). Position location will be in one of the assigned territories (TN, SC, NC).
Essential Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- In the commercial market, establish and develop relationships with active retail firearms business to promote company product, distribute product information to assist with sales, and provide company information to owners and sales personnel.
- In law enforcement agencies, establish and develop relationships with persons tasked to recommend firearms for department procurement and deployment; identify potential product problems and report to Regional Manager.
Conduct demos and product information presentations.
Quickly report negative product performance and move swiftly to correct same and to report adverse conditions that exist in assigned territory which could have a negative effect on company business.
Communicate and coordinate with the In-house Commercial, Stocking Dealer and Range Program Departments.
- Maintain Distributor’s accounts, ensuring Distributor’s maintain the proper inventory levels.
- Represent GLOCK, Inc. in a professional manner at trade shows, GSSF (League) matches, GLOCK days and other business functions to promote products and to provide technical support.
- Demonstrate GLOCK, Inc. products to Stocking Dealer’s Sales Staff.
- Update calendar with work schedule and share with the Regional Manager and Asst National Sales Manager.
- Submit weekly expense reports to the Accounting Department.
- Submit monthly activity and summary reports to the Regional Manager
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
Qualifications/ Basic Job Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified employees or applicants with disabilities.
- Cost Consciousness- Works within an approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Strategic thinking, ability to analyze market and competition; identify external threats and opportunities.
- Customer Service- Must have the ability to provide superior customer service.
- Technical Ability- Must be completely familiar with the GLOCK pistol in order to provide Armorer assistance and parts replacement.
Specific skills required:
- Ability to travel extensively by car and spend a minimum of 3 nights per week away from home (including some weekends).
- Ability to effectively organize time and multitask numerous projects at one time.
- Manual dexterity to handle small tools and parts.
- Complete understanding of the physical workings of a firearm.
- Computer literate with knowledge of such software programs as WORD, ACT, SalesLogics, etc.
- General office skills.
- Good telephone skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1. Communication. 2. Critical Evaluation.
3. Relationship Management. 4. Ethical Practice.
Education and/or Experience:
3 – 5 years related experience and/or training.
License and Certifications:
Must have a valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and carry boxes up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time and also required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is regularly required to use fingers and hands to demonstrate products and to use computer keyboard.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and some weekends.
To apply, please upload your resume or send your resume to HR@GLOCK.US
GLOCK provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated during the application process and employment without regard to any of these characteristics.