BSA/AML OFAC Audit Manager / VP-10018908-WD
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
Job Overview / Responsibilities:
Ensure bank compliance in the AML/OFAC area by conducting Audit reviews relevant BSA/AML/Sanctions related business processes and systems.
- Lead AML/OFAC audit Team
- Performing audit testing on OFAC Program with sanctions concerns.
- Review of IT System involved in sanctions.
- Recommending and following up with corrective actions with regard to such issue in the OFAC program
- Liaising with business lines, audit relationship managers, other internal stakeholders, and with the auditees themselves regarding material sanctions concerns
- Documenting the findings as appropriate
- Support general audit activities across the organization and other duties, including special projects, as assigned
- Design a plan to perform on a global level BSA/AML/Sanctions related audit.
- Design a plan to perform a validation and end to end testing of the effectiveness of sanctions related system controls
- Review Action Plans to address remediation efforts and effectiveness review findings
- Stay abreast of data management, IT developments concerning BSA/AML/Sanctions, fraud schemes, and security issues
- Support general compliance activities and other duties, including special projects as assigned
- BA/BS Degree – ACAMS Preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in an IT or Business auditing environment and knowledge of IT application and systems review
- Advanced level of expertise with Microsoft Office Suite ( i.e. Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word, VBA scripting)
- Acceptable understanding of Screening Systems, (Actimize and or HotScan architecture experience and/or any other compliance systems)
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Test steps creation and experience with scripting to support test automation is a plus.
- Strong written communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it’s the bank’s policy to only inquire into a candidate’s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.