State of Colorado Job Opportunities
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN TO CURRENT RESIDENTS OF COLORADO
If your goal is to build a career that makes a difference, consider joining the dedicated people of
the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS). Our professionals strive to design and
deliver high quality human and health services that improve the safety, independence, and well-
being of the people of Colorado. In addition to a great location and rewarding and meaningful
work, we offer:
- Employee wellness programs
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Medical and dental health plans
- Paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more
This position resides within the Office of Community Access and Independence at the Wheat
Ridge Regional Center.
Our Culture & Environment
Our vision is that the people of Colorado will be safe, healthy, and prepared to achieve their greatest aspirations. Through our core values listed below, CDHS staff are committed to:
- Making decisions with, and acting in the best interests of the people we serve, because Colorado’s success depends on their well-being
- Sharing information, seeking input, and explaining our actions because we value accountability and transparency
- Managing our resources efficiently because we value stewardship
- Promoting a positive work environment, and supporting and developing employees, because their performance is essential to Colorado’s success
- Meaningfully engaging our partners and the people we serve because we must work together to achieve the best outcomes
- Committing to continuous learning because Coloradans deserve effective solutions today and forward-looking innovation for tomorrow
This position resides within the Office of Community Access and Independence at the Wheat Ridge Regional Center.
Purpose of the Work Unit:
This work unit exists to provide staffing coverage of staff members tasked with quality health care, personal hygiene maintenance and an active learning atmosphere in a safe and healthy environment for developmentally disabled and mentally ill individuals of the Wheat Ridge Regional Center (WRRC). This work unit provides 24-hour treatment services that are in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
Description of Job
* This position DOES NOT have a normal schedule of 8-5. This Administrative Assistant II position is an ESSENTIAL POSITION, AND IS REQUIRED TO WORK SHIFTS. *
What You’ll be Doing
In this role you will be providing residential direct care scheduling for each of the 19 group homes that comprise the Wheat Ridge Regional Center (WRRC). Responsible to schedule staffing according to Intermediate Care Facility for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID) required staffing ratios at each group home per WRRC procedures. Reviews leave requests for all residential direct-care personnel. Duties include:
- Coordinating staffing patterns to ensure a balance of all agency staff to meet the needs of the residents, work units and agency as a whole.
- Recommending overtime approval and assignments within existing guidelines.
- Creating monthly “pool” schedules and mandatory training schedules.
- Producing duty status reports, attendance reports and related staff information using data base programs.
- Providing coordination and communication during any crisis that occurs during shift.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Two years of general clerical experience.
At the agency’s discretion, college or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
Applicants using education as a substitution MUST supply unofficial transcripts before the application deadline to the Human Resources office; applications requesting this substitution without transcripts will NOT be considered.
The following supplemental experience, competencies and abilities are highly desirable for this position and may be considered in selecting the successful candidate:
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services.
- Timekeeping and other Time Tracking – experience tracking and entering data for complex staffing schedules using Kronos or other timekeeping software. Experience tracking leave and time off.
- Communication – of the oral and written English language – experience with structure and content of English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Technology and Computers – experience with software and hardware, data systems, multi-relational databases, Internet, email, and other workplace technology and electronic devices.
Conditions of Employment
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
How to Apply (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
Applicants are encouraged to attach a cover letter and resume to their application.
Please note that ONLY your State of Colorado job application will be reviewed during the initial screening; if you submit a resume and cover letter, they will be reviewed in later stages of the selection process. Therefore, it is paramount that you clearly describe all of your relevant experience on the application itself. Applications left blank or marked “SEE RESUME” will not be considered.
Your application will be reviewed against the minimum qualifications for the position. If your application demonstrates that you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be invited to the comparative analysis process, which is described below.
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions and reinstatements) are required to apply and participate in the comparative analysis process. Former employees of the Colorado Department of Human Services (CDHS) who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination must disclose the information on your application and may not be eligible for employment at CDHS.
Comparative Analysis Process
The comparative analysis process for this position may consist of structured application review, telephone screening, structured interviews, written assessment, computer testing, etc. Candidates who most closely meet the job requirements will move through successive stages of the process. Applicants will be notified of their status via email following each stage.
~THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER~
To apply for this job please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=47f51c4e0dcb5cc5&qd=q9_hARjqYzX1M9iUefZ4YBFZNDLap7xvFSExT56iRhqlTsRpckrvSexhU2v7uWqIu3Jhqp_fKx2mfWWVzAEUGqGyN-90YDq6ZywHfG4vwTY&indpubnum=8715940672120311&atk=1c1263l9218fj2je→