Information Technology Coalition, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Accounting Clerk
GOVERNMENT AGENCY: U.S. Department of Justice – Drug Enforcement Administration
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time/ Permanent Position
LOCATION: 15 Sudbury St, Boston, MA 02203
AVAILABILITY: 2 – 3 months pending adjudication of Dept. of Justice Security Clearance
SALARY: $19.69/hr + $4.27 per hour Health & Welfare used towards ITC’s benefits plan. If not used towards benefits, H&W is deposited in a 401(k) account on the employees behalf.
***Important: Please read the job vacancy carefully before applying. Any key requirement(s) not met will automatically disqualify you as a candidate for this position***
- Process agency funding requests
- Process agency incoming mail
- Process and track agency invoices for payment
- Process document amendments and respond to inquiries regarding funding
- Analyze various forms of agency fiscal data
- Project future expenditures and modify funding accordingly
- Assist in reconciling all agency funding orders at the end of each quarter
- Enter data into various agency spread sheets via Excel
- Other clerical and administrative duties as required
- MUST be a United States Citizen
- MUST be able to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance (positive credit history, no criminal record, favorable employment history, no history of illicit drug use)
- Candidates must have intermediate working knowledge of Excel
- Experience processing invoices or accounts payable preferred
- Experience working with a financial management system in the payment of invoices.
- Effective communicator, oral and written
- Experience working under strict time constraints in a time sensitive environment
- Experience with developing and managing budgets preferably in a government environment
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities at any given time
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- Must be a fast learner with superb analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to protect and safeguard sensitive government information
***Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements***
Health, Dental and Vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 10 Paid Federal Holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service, 7 days Sick Leave
IT Coalition, Inc. is an information technology and consulting company focused on servicing the needs of the Federal Government. IT Coalition’s mission is to apply earned expertise in information technology and information assurance/security to assist this client in achieving its mission. IT Coalition is located in Alexandria, VA and offers outstanding compensation and benefits plan and a challenging and rewarding professional work environment.
IT Coalition, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military status, disability, or sex including pregnancy and childbirth or related medical condition or on any other basis prohibited by law.