Thanks for your interest in contributing to WorkPuppy!
We’re looking for freelance writers who have fun, unique article ideas that help our readers manage their career, interview and win the job, search and find the right job or employers (or recruiters) find the right employee. We’d love to hear your personal experience, especially if you can share detailed strategies and advice.
Do you have a story to share or an idea we haven’t covered? Get in touch with our editors by clicking here.
We’re also hiring contract writers and editors; see the job descriptions for more information.
Want to give your post its best shot at being published? Here’s what to do:
- Read other WorkPuppy posts. Get a feel for the tone of the site. We’re informative, relaxed and excited about careers and finding the right job. Make sure we haven’t already covered the topic you’re pitching!
- Aim for 700 to 900 words. Write in a bloggy, friendly style that’s fun to read.
- Focus on being useful. How will your post help readers save, earn or grow their money? We like practical, actionable advice that our readers can put to use in their own careers and job search. Share detailed instructions to help someone else follow in your footsteps.
- Include real-life examples. If you haven’t personally experienced what you’re writing about, be sure to refer and link to stories or examples of people who have managed find the right job, interview the right way or found the right employee using the technique you’re writing about.
- Note: We only publish posts under your real name (i.e. no pseudonyms). If you have a valid reason for publishing anonymously, please let the editor know ahead of time.
- Add relevant links to other WorkPuppy posts. We always appreciate it when you link to other articles we’ve published.
- Note: Personal affiliate links are not allowed.
- Include a two-sentence bio at the bottom of your post. Share a bit about yourself and your experience. What makes you an expert on your topic? Feel free to add a link to your website, blog or social media profile so readers can find you.
- Submit your post using our the contributor tool on our website.
Request Contributor Access
Become a contributor with Isabella Media today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I write about?
The best way to get a feel for the types of posts we publish is to read them! We like fun, interesting, actionable advice that helps readers manage their career, interview and win the job, search and find the right job or employers (or recruiters) find the right employee.
Do you pay?
Yes, we pay when pre-arranged with our editor. If you prefer, we offer a link to your website in your bio, and since our site sees about 160 thousand unique impressions monthly, that means you’ll likely see traffic back to your site. (Paid writers do not get a link in their bios.)
Should I pitch you my idea before writing the post?
If you’d like to, go ahead — it might save you time in case we’ve already covered your idea. But we’re happy to consider a draft as well.
Will you edit my post?
We’ll edit for content and clarity, doing our best to preserve your voice. We may also add an affiliate link or two.
Should I write a headline?
That’d be great! We might tweak it for SEO or style, but your suggestion makes our job easier.
Do I need to include a photo?
No need — we’ll add one.
Can I share the article on my blog/website after it’s been published on WorkPuppy?
No, because Google doesn’t like duplicate content. Also, we offer payment or a link to have that unique content for our site.
Anything else I should keep in mind?
Please include links via anchor text (like this: relevant keyword) instead of HTML. Only use one space in between sentences.
How do I submit my article?
We use a simple one page form that allows you to enter your title, article and category with very little effort. To get started request an account by clicking here.
If you’ve never used WordPress before, here are easy instructions.
We look forward to reading your submission!
The WorkPuppy Team